US personal tax and estate planning

Tax is a recurring theme in life and if you’re living abroad, staying compliant here, there and everywhere can be particularly challenging, but whenever there is a change in your circumstances, there may be an opportunity to save tax.
Planning for key life events

Fill out the form belowemail us or call +852 2531 7000 to speak to an expert today!

Planning for key life events

If you are a US citizen or Green Card Holder, you need to consider the US tax implications of many key events in your life, including:

  • Getting married or divorced
  • Having children or planning for their education
  • Starting a new business venture or a new job
  • Moving to a new location
  • Buying or selling property or other assets
  • Making gifts to family, friends or charity
  • Planning for retirement
  • Passing wealth to the next generation

Click here to see our Stepping Stones series of articles for information on the US tax implications of these key life events.

Our team of qualified US tax advisors can guide you in making decisions that work in both the short and long-term, while avoiding pitfalls and unintended tax events. We also have expertise in residence and domicile matters and can provide tax advice to non-US persons moving to the US or acquiring a Green Card.

Our network

Our network

In some cases, input from a US qualified lawyer will be required. For example, in advising on complex multi-jurisdictional structuring and estate planning, and drafting US compliant wills and other legal documents. Our many years of experience in this field have allowed us to develop a strong network that we can draw on when legal expertise is required.

If you need non-US accounting or legal advice in your local jurisdiction, we will also be able to connect you with the right people. In addition, if you need an introduction to wealth planners who can make sure your investments are fully US compliant, please let us know and we can facilitate an introduction.

How we can help

How we can help

Whether you are moving to or from the US, are a long-term resident in Southeast Asia with US tax issues who feels their affairs are not tax efficient, or even a trustee concerned about the US tax issues facing a beneficiary, we have the expertise to help. Our aim is always to take a holistic approach that focuses on your personal circumstances. We seek to be concise and clear as well as proactive in identifying solutions to issues before they become a problem.

Get in touch
Get in touch

For professional advice tailored to your unique circumstances, please fill out the form below and one of our experts will be in touch to discuss your requirements and how we can help. Please note that our advisory services are charged at our hourly rates and a formal engagement will need to be in place before any advice is provided.

Close iconClose icon backback
Your search for "..."
did not yield any results.
... results for "..."
Search Tags